Friday, April 3, 2009

Carseat Safety

When I was at the doctors office the other day there was a women that had a baby boy Addy's age. Her and I were walking outside at the same time and it just so happened that we were parked right next to each other. She put her baby boy in his carseat and got in her car. I proceeded to put Addy in the car. I was getting in the car and looked over at the baby boy in the back seat and he was in a FORWARD FACING carseat. Let me remind you he was Addy's age (which is 6 months old)! I didn't understand why she had him that way. When I drove off I could not stop thinking about that baby. If that mom was to get in an accident that baby would go straight through the windsheild. There are so many people out there who just do not care about car seat safety or are just plain ignorant about a car seat safety. A friend of mine sent me this article on facebook the other day and I would like to share it with everyone that I know that have children who are in car seats. Parents need to be educated about car seat safety or it could cost them their childs life! You can read the article by clicking this link:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Faapnews.aappublications.org%2Fcgi%2Fcontent%2Ffull%2F30%2F4%2F12-a&h=7c8ed0ed955966abdfc941dc31e2a915

No comments: