Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cooking For Thanksgiving

I am just super excited about Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays. We will be having Thanksgiving at my in-laws house this year.  Even though we will not be having Thanksgiving at our house I have been doing some cooking. I just love to cook and bake. It is definetley one of my favorite hobbies. For Thursday I will be cooking Aunt Helen's Broccoli Casserole, a pumpkin roll, and a Cranberry Salad. I have been making Pumpkin rolls for years. It is a long process to make one but is definetley worth it. Pumpkin rolls were one of my Nana's favorite desserts. She would have me make one every year for  Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Cranberry salad is very yummy! I thought I would leave you with this recipe. It would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving dinner!

Cranberry Salad1 cup chopped cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp grated orange rine
2 cups chopped apples
1 cup of pecans
13 oz. box rasberry gelatin
1 1/2 cup water

Pour 1/2 cup sugar over cranberries. Let set for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl mix together orange rine, chopped apples, and pecans. Stir in cranberries. Boil 11/2 cups water and add 13oz rasberry gelatin to water. Stir gelatin mixture into cran/apple mixture, place in shallow dish approx 8X10 size let chill over night.

I am so thankful for the abundance that we have. I know that we will definetley have way more food then what we need for this holiday! God has truly blessed our family.

No comments: