Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day

This is what it looked like out our front door today!! God sure can paint a beautiful picture!

When I woke up this morning the ground was covered with a thick blanket of snow!! About 4 inches to be exact. It was just beautiful! So since it snowed so much the roads were pretty bad this morning so we got a SNOW DAY from work. Yeah I know that sounds just a little bit crazy. But here in TN it is normal. We are not to used to all this snowy weather. I think after this year though we are going to be pretty use to it. It has snowed more this year than any year that I have lived in this area. So today I had a great snow day with my sweet girl. We didn't get to sleep in but it was still great!  The roads were a little better this afternoon so we went and visited Daddy at work.

She loves when she gets to visit daddy at work. It is a treat for her. We took him lunch and ate with him. Daddy also thinks it is a treat when Addyson and Mommy come visit him !

Addyson has been begging me to let her paint since she got paint for Christmas. I finally got up  the nerve to let you paint. So I cut her a piece of paper off of her roll on her easel and gave her a glass of water and she went to town. She had the paint all over her by the time that she was done. She made a beautiful picture for the first time painting. I have always looked forward to having a piece of artwork on my walls that my child had made and now I finally have one! Can't wait to frame this one and hang it up. I know that there will be many more to come after I saw how much she loved to paint and draw. She will sit forever and draw (she must really enjoy it because anyone that knows Addyson she does not sit for very long at all)


       Excuse the way her hair looks she had just taken a bath. I know you are wondering why she had a bath before she was painting. It was just a spurt of the moment thing and she really wanted to paint. I couldn't resist that sweet face and the way she said please!


Isn't it beautiful? I have just the place for it : )

I loved that I got to spend the day with my girl, but I am just a little bit over the snow. We are ready for spring so we can play outside, plant the garden, and go pick strawberries. It will be here before we know it. But while we wait we will enjoy the things we get to do together on these crazy snow days.

No comments: