Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Korbin Clay Clark Birth Story

I was scheduled for a repeat c-section (hoping to just go into labor on my own, wishful thinking!) We had to be there at 6:00 am for them to get me ready to go back to surgery. Jimmy and I took Addyson and my mom to meet Jimmy's parents for breakfast while we went on to the hospital. We got there and they put my IV in and it seemed like a breeze till I began to vomit bile all over the place. To much information I know but I would like to remember the bad and the good. : ) Around 8:15 they were getting ready to take me back. The Grandparents brought Addyson back to see Jimmy and I before they took me back. She was not to sure about what was going on but thought my IV was cool!

They wheeled me back down a hallway to the operating room (seemed like an eternity to get there) The surgical tech that was helping the doctor was excellent. His name was Lonny and helped me so much getting past the whole spinal block. I didn't feel a thing they did such a good job. The spinal hit me immedietley. I was numb from my chest down. It was so sureal to me in just a few minutes we will be welcoming our baby boy into the world.
Korbin Clay Clark was born at 9:48am October 25, 2011 . He was just perfect! 10 fingers and 10 toes and healthy as could be. He weighed 8 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long. He was just the perfect addition to our family. A sweet baby boy to go along with our girl full of energy and personality.

We then went to recovery from the OR for a few hours. Addyson was able to come back and see her baby brother for the first time. She was more worried about Mommy then seeing her new brother. The Grandparents had assured her that I was just fine. As Korbin and Addyson both sat in their Daddy's lap back in our little cubby in the recovery I couldn't help but think about how blessed I was to have a wonderful husband and father to my children and two beautiful babies. God is so good to us!
 

No comments: