Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Testimony

A lady that I know has wrote a couple of books that are filled with testimonies of people that she knows. She had asked me a couple months ago to write down my testimony and send it to her for her next book. Well while browsing through a blog that I visit often her post for Friday was Share your testimony, so that is exactly what I am going to do!

I was raised a PK (preachers kid). We have been in so many places due to my dad pastoring and helping in revivals. I had been lost for quite some time and friends and family would ask me if I was lost and I would always say yes. I would never go to the alter though. We were on a trip to Tennessee for a revival that my dad was preaching in. I was so convicted during the whole revival.We were only suppose to be there for a week but the church decided to continue on with revival into the next week. The night that they decided to continue, on the way back to our hotel room , my father had asked all of us kids if we wanted to stay and of course I said NO. I just wanted to run from the conviction that I was feeling. We stayed  and attended revival on Monday night. I was sitting on the front row with my mother and a teenage girl that was a member of the church came up to me and asked me if I was lost and needed to pray. I told her yes and prayed for what seemed like a couple of hours. Then all of a sudden I felt the burden in my heart roll away. The conviction that I was feeling was gone. I had been saved by the grace of God. I had let go of everything that I was holding on too. It was just between me and God. Nothing was going to save me except for Him. Not the Pastor, not my Father or Mother, not the girl that asked me if I was lost and needed to pray. Praise the Lord my father chose for us to stay!

Salvation is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I do not know where I would be if I did not have the Lord with me every step of the way. It is so important to me for my daughter to grow up in a christian home and know the importance of being saved and going to church. I am so thankful that I married a man who feels the same way. God has blessed us in our life tremendousley.

No comments: