Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cleaning Supplies Know How

For as long as I can remember my mom has used either Tide or Gain as her laundry detergent. It was just something we knew we would have to buy when we went grocery shopping. Each time that we would buy it would cost us about $20 something for a big jug at Sam's Club. Even with coupons this was still a high ticket item. I just never thought you could get it any cheaper. Well the other day a friend of mine was telling me all about the Laundry soap she made and how it made a ton of soap and also how cheap it was. When she was telling me about it I was thinking she was crazy there was no way that something you make could clean your clothes as good as store bought laundry soap. Well was I WRONG !!! One afternoon last week I made my own batch and let me tell you I am so in love with this laundry soap. I don't think I will ever go back to buying it! The first load I did was some of my husbands work clothes. It cleaned those clothes BETTER than store bought laundry soap! Yes you heard me right BETTER !!!

I got my recipe from this website
http://everydaypaleo.com/2012/01/11/natural-laundry-solutions/

** I made the liquid recipe.

I spent $3.99 cents on the borax, 3.99 on the washing soda, and 2.98 for a bar of Tom's Soap. (you can use any type of bar soap you would like) The borax and the washing soda will last me through quite a few batches but you use the whole bar of soap for the recipe. If you try this out let me know how you like it.

I am also in the process of making an antibacterial cleaner. I will include that in another post soon.

No comments: