Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2 Year Check Up

Today was Addyson's 2 year check up. She was so excited to get to go see "Dr. Keish" as she calls him. The nurse weighed her on the big girl scale and she thought that was just great. She weighed all of 37 pounds! And when I say all of it I mean it. She is getting to be hard to carry around. She is solid as a rock! She stood nice and tall for the nurse to check her heighth and she was 35 inches tall. Almost 3 feet but not quite. She was very still for the doctor when he was checking her out. She especially liked him looking in her ears. The doctor said that she was one healthy girl. She had to get 2 shots today. I had told her yesterday that she was going to get a shot. She has been watching her Nanny give herself insulin and was not scared at all. She said " I be a big girl like Nanny. It not hurt!" Well she made it through the finger prick and was fine, but the shots she was just not up for. She did so good though sat very still with tears coming down her face. This was only the second time that I was in the room with her when she gets her shots. Normally I stand right outside the door because I have this thing with needles. But I am trying to get over it and thought the best way to do that was to conquer my fears and stay in the room with her while she gets her shots. I felt so bad leaving the room everytime that I knew that I was going to have to suck it up and stay in the room with her. So needless to say Mommy did really good today too!

Addy has not been taking naps on the days that I don't work. It is hard for me to put her down when she wants to be with me because I wasn't with her the day before. So today after she went to the doctor I think that she was just so worn out from the shots and the whole day that she decided to give it up and take a nap. I just do not know what to do with myself this is unusual at our house these days. Well I better get back to my "me" time and get some things done that I have been dying to do.

No comments: